The Department of the Attorney General's (DotAG) role is to provide high quality and accessible justice, legal, registry, guardianship and trustee services to meet the needs of the community and the Western Australian Government.
The key functions of the Department are to provide:
- administrative and support services, technical facilities and accommodation for State courts, tribunals and boards
- assistance, advice and counselling to victims of crime
- legal, policy development and parliamentary drafting services to Parliament, Government and its agencies
- services to ensure the best interests of people with decision-making disabilities are represented at hearings and to promote and protect their rights in the community
- trustee services
- births, deaths and marriages registrations.
[ back to top ]