The $5.1 million Fitzroy Crossing Courthouse was officially opened on 10 September 2015. The Complex commenced operations on 15 September 2015. The State Government’s Royalties for Regions program contributed funds towards the facility.
The Courthouse is located on the corner of Fallon and McLarty Roads in Fitzroy Crossing.
The replacement Courthouse was designed to have a direct connection to and complement the replacement police station. Community consultation undertaken with the local Aboriginal community was seen to be very positive as this replacement facility would then complete a justice precinct within the township.
The Bunuba people - the traditional owners of the area upon which the Courthouse stands, provided valuable input into the design, which included recommendations arising from the adjacent Police Station project.
Collaborative Aboriginal community public art initiated from Mankaja Arts Centre is displayed within the main public area.
Accommodation in the new Courthouse comprises of a magistrates courtroom with modern audio-visual equipment, four meeting rooms for counsel, internal and external public waiting areas, judicial chambers and a connecting link back to the custody area of the police station together with additional on-site car parking and landscape gardens.
Fitzroy Crossing Courthouse
Corner of Fallon Road and McLarty Road
FITZROY CROSSING WA 6765
Phone: (08) 9192 1137
Last updated: 17-Mar-2017
[ back to top ]