Parliamentary Counsel's Office
The Parliamentary Counsel's Office (PCO) provides comprehensive legislative drafting and related services to the Government, its departments and agencies to ensure that legislation is prepared to give effect to government policy and priorities.
Services provided by the PCO include:
- preparing drafts of Bills for Ministers so they can be introduced into Parliament in accordance with the government's legislative program
- preparing drafts of subsidiary legislation for Ministers and government agencies so the Acts they administer can be fully implemented and properly administered
- providing legislative drafting services to private members of Parliament and facilitating the work of parliamentary committees
- compiling texts of Acts and subsidiary legislation with their amendments incorporated so the laws of the State can be made available in a variety of forms to those who must comply with them and those who must apply and enforce them
- maintaining and arranging publication of information about the legislation of WA.
Parliamentary Counsel’s Office
David Malcolm Justice Centre
28 Barrack Street
PERTH WA 6000
Phone: (08) 9264 1444
GPO Box F317
PERTH WA 6841
[ back to top ]